Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Of Kings and Rockstars

So there I was, chilling on the couch, watching me some Tyra (don't ask) and dozing off, when Steff calls me and asks whether I wanted to catch The Killers in concert - like in two hours. The words 'Hell yeah' spring to mind. We got down there, and man, those boys put on a good show. I'm not nuts about their new album, but some of the songs on it are wonderful and worthy of much praise. Even from a distance, Brandon Flowers (19th century barman outfit and all) is very pretty.

Speaking of pretty, everyone needs to check out the Showtime drama 'The Tudors' - it doesn't show in Canada, so I have to get it by nefarious means, but whatever. It's well made, addictive and full of good looking people mucking about with one another. Now I know I'm biased toward British period pieces in general, but this one pulls off a modern take on medieval Britain very well. Or maybe it's just the manpretty. Either way, the themes are well represented, the inherent madness of King Henry VIII is brought forth by a very err... robust performance by the lovely Jonathan Rhys Myers and Sam Neill plays a wonderfully ruthless Cardinal Woolsley. And for those who care little about nuanced acting in tights, the men are hot and the women are pretty and flash their boobiez a lot. So there.

If you needed any more convincing, and Natalia can attest to this - it's not often one gets to see a good, old fashioned, bodice-ripping ravishing. Complete with real bodices.

2 comments:

At 2:57 AM, Blogger Nancy J said...

I have a fascination with this period that I cannot expain. I have had for many years. However, the fascination I have now for Henry Cavill/Charles Brandon is something else altogether. OMG!!!!
He is the sexiest man I have ever seen. I would love to get more personal information on Henry C. I mean....WOAH!!!!

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Paul Levinson said...

Good review. I've enjoyed The Tudors immensely! The Tudors Concludes: A Review

 

Post a Comment

<< Home