Friday, July 20, 2007

Insert tab 'A' into slot 'B'

So yesterday, Terry and I go to Ikea to get me a Cubbid To Put Things In. I was going to buy a nice, simple bunch of shelves, but instead I go with this glass front thing with a drawer and everything. I don't know what I was thinking.

Anyway, so there we are, trying to put the two deceptive looking flat boxes into the van - they weighed a ton, and then get them out of the van and into my house and the stuff out of the boxes and onto the floor and into some semblance of order.

To cut a long and back-breaking story short, it took us three hours almost to get the thing installed and upright and after poor Terry stumbled out to go home, I decided to put in the glass shelves myself. Ripped two lovely looking cuts into the coating that makes the glass foggy. This, my friends that insist I need to do these projects myself (you know who you are) is why I abstain from mucking about with hardware and manual labour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home