Monday, March 12, 2007

Sunshine!

I know it's obnoxiously late, but as my morning meeting got mercifully cancelled and all I have to do tomorrow morning is help out with the blood drive, I can sleep in a little.

This weekend was utter bliss. On Friday we had a Pichard Party (TM), which as lovely as usual. On Saturday however, I took a Day Off. Now, there are days when one doesn't do a single thing, but has full intentions of doing Something, yet somehow procrastination kicks in and nothing gets done. That is not a day off. A Day Off is planned, anticipated and thoroughly enjoyed without an ounce of guilt.

Here's how it works. Pick a day when you have no meetings, classes or other committments. Doesn't count if you have one meeting or a teeny tiny appointment. Pick a day, give yourself a couple of days to look forward to it, if you can, and on that day don't pick up the phone, don't check your email, don't do an iota of work. Sleep in, laze about, eat out (so you don't have to cook or clean up), do whatever you love to do (in my case, shopping or wandering about in bookstores), and then go to bed early. I kid you not, it's a beautiful thing.

Today was an unplanned Day Off however, so I suppose it doensn't count. Can't go about breaking my own rules, can I? Shaker and Zied (the visitor from Laval) picked me up and we went to Lettieri in Yorkville, sat outside with our beverages and enjoyed the first warm, sunny day of the year.

Then, Shaker and I had the most delicious grilled salmon sandwich at a deli at Bay and Bloor, after which we wandered about town, before meeting back up with Zied and the gang for Pakistani food down at Gerard Street. I had Haleem after yonks and though it wasn't as good as home cooked, it did not suck.

So all in all, my weekend was lovely. I hope yours was too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home