Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Plus ca change...

So like I said in the previous post, which you will read after this in an unfortunate quirk of modern technology, I was watching The Hour today. And George was talking about the radio talk show in the US hosted by a Jerry Klein. Now I'm not a big fan of talk radio and I'm not terribly religious or political in any way, but this was so ridiculous that I had to mention it.

Mr. Klein, in some strange attempt to bait his hapless audience, decided to claim that he supported the idea of branding all Mossies (Muslims to anyone that is not me) with a symbol to be worn at all times, like a crescent moon. That way they (or we, rather) are easily identifiable for noble purposes such as rounding up when the usual suspects are required, or protecting from pork or whatever.

Anyhoo, then he opened it up to phone calls, and while people called in both in agreement or dissent, there was one that I particularly loved. This chap, let's call him Jim-Bob, wanted all Mossies to be corralled and fenced in along with anyone of Arab descent. He didn't mention whether it was a dress code thing, so maybe there should be some sort of protection from wandering, confused toga-clad frat boys, but that's beside the point.

In the end, Klein came clean, saying that he was kidding, and he was sick at the though that anyone would agree with that idea, so all is right with the world again.

What really worries me is that the people that want to persecute other humans simply for being born black Muslim are the same ones that idolized this woman.

You KNOW you have a problem when Paris Hilton is trying to prevent you from spreading your legs. The C-section scar is particularly appealing. Team Britney, Y'all!

1 comments:

At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

George bugs me. His slight lisp irritates me to no end and I find him a little bit too arrogant.

I like his buddy jian ghomeshi though. Even though it bugs me that i find him charming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home